If Unum Group has denied your insurance coverage declare, Donahue & Horrow is able to combat for you. We’re a Los Angeles-based legislation agency that has received in opposition to Unum Group, a corporation that’s infamous for treating policyholders unfairly by denying their long-term incapacity insurance coverage, life insurance coverage, or long-term care claims.
Our major focus has been and can at all times stay our shoppers. We perceive it may be daunting staring down such a big group, however we’ve the expertise and observe document of protecting insurance coverage giants like Unum Group trustworthy and convincing them to pay policyholders what’s rightfully theirs.
Name us as we speak at 877-664-5407 when you consider Unum Group has handled you unfairly or unethically by wrongfully denying your insurance coverage declare.
Unum Group Ways In Denial of Incapacity Insurance coverage Claims
When firms attain the scale of Unum Group, they typically lose sight of their clients and focus extra on protecting shareholders completely satisfied and revenues and web revenue wholesome.
Unum Group and different massive insurance coverage organizations are infamous for following an analogous playbook to disclaim or delay paying out incapacity and different insurance coverage advantages by:
- Issuing payouts which are lower than what the policyholders had been entitled.
- Utilizing Inadequate critiques of incapacity claims appeals.
- Referring to biased physicians to help bogus declare denials.
- Ignoring the opinions of your major care doctor and specialists who help your declare.
- Arbitrary paying sure army beneficiaries and never paying out others.
Unum Group and different insurance coverage firms typically attempt to “put on down” policyholders such as you within the hope that you’ll surrender slightly than combat to your advantages. If Unum Group has tried a number of of those ways on you, the corporate could also be attempting to fraudulently deny your insurance coverage declare by:
- Making burdensome requests by requesting repeated documentation, duplicating the documentation you’ve already submitted.
- Downplaying medical proof—together with goal and subjective knowledge—to discredit your incapacity or your insurance coverage advantages entitlement.
- Refusing to just accept your physician’s opinion that you just’re disabled and unable to return to work.
- Requesting so-called “impartial” medical critiques by unqualified physicians or people to evaluate your medical situation.
- Repeatedly delaying a choice relating to your insurance coverage declare.
Unum Group Received’t Wait to Deny Insurance coverage Claims. Don’t Wait to Struggle Again!
If Unum Group or one among its subsidiaries has denied your insurance coverage declare, don’t wait to take motion. All insurance coverage claims have deadlines that should be met when you’re to have any hope of amassing the insurance coverage advantages you’re owed. That is very true in case your declare is ruled by the Worker Retirement Revenue Safety Act (ERISA). Name us as we speak at (877) 664-5407. Our authorized group will deal with you with the dignity you deserve whereas combating relentlessly to safe the insurance coverage advantages which are rightfully yours.
Actual Examples of Unum Group Denying Claims
Unum Group has an extended historical past of insurance coverage declare denial. The primary class-action lawsuit filed by policyholders in opposition to the corporate occurred in 2002, and in 2003, the group’s former CEO Harold Chandler was compelled to resign over the corporate’s claims insurance policies, which workers indicated had been carried out to assist the enterprise cut back prices.
In 2005, California insurance coverage regulators fined Unum $8 million and demanded that the corporate change its state insurance policies to incorporate higher client protections. The mandate additionally required Unum to reopen as many as 26,000 California incapacity instances for evaluate. California insurance coverage regulators additionally charged Unum with greater than 25 violations of state legislation.
Some significantly damning quotes from the Los Angeles Instances and California Insurance coverage Commissioner John Garamendi learn like a textbook case for the way massive insurance coverage firms employe deny-and-delay ways in opposition to trustworthy policyholders like your self:
- LA Instances: “…the corporate knowingly utilized the improper authorized definition of incapacity in denying claims or ruling claimants had been in a position to return to work, focused high-cost claims for denials to avoid wasting the agency cash, misused claimants’ medical data and even the opinions of in-house medical personnel to disclaim advantages and wrongly sought to file instances below a federal advantages legislation that severely limits claimants’ skill to efficiently sue their insurers.”
- John Garamendi: “UnumProvident is an outlaw firm. It’s a firm that for years has operated in an unlawful vogue.”
Unum Group’s controversial and unlawful enterprise practices didn’t finish in California. In 2008, Unum paid a $676 million settlement after an intensive examination of the corporate’s dealing with of incapacity claims by insurance coverage regulators throughout the nation.
About Unum Group – A Fortune 500 Group
Unum Group is a world insurance coverage supplier of incapacity and life insurance coverage merchandise, together with particular person incapacity insurance policies, group short-term incapacity insurance policies, group long-term incapacity insurance policies, long-term care insurance coverage insurance policies, and life insurance coverage insurance policies. The corporate’s portfolio additionally contains life, accident/AD&D, long-term care, crucial sickness, dental, and imaginative and prescient insurance coverage merchandise.
Through the years, the Unum Group has bought or merged with quite a few different insurance coverage firms, serving to the corporate’s annual revenues improve from $10.7 billion in 2015 to just about $12 billion in 2019. Consequently, Unum Group’s progress has resulted in problems for insurance coverage claimants reminiscent of your self. If you happen to beforehand bought insurance policies from Provident Insurance coverage Firm, UnumProvident Insurance coverage Firm, The Paul Revere Life Insurance coverage Firm, or Colonial Life & Accident Insurance coverage Firm, chances are you’ll obtain denial letters from these entities, however actually, it was Unum that denied your declare.
How We Can Assist
If Unum Group has denied your insurance coverage claims and also you need assistance reviewing Unum Group’s improper claims ways, Donahue & Horrow is right here for you. We’re based mostly in Los Angeles and routinely deal with instances all through California in opposition to insurance coverage giants reminiscent of Unum Group. Whether or not by telephone at 877-664-5407 or face-to-face, we’re prepared to debate your declare.
In case you have questions name Donahue & Horrow as we speak. Insurance coverage insurance policies are written by legal professionals, and our legislation agency can interpret the phrases of your coverage. We are going to assist decipher your Unum Group insurance coverage coverage, whether or not it’s a long-term incapacity insurance coverage coverage, short-term incapacity insurance coverage coverage, medical insurance coverage, life insurance coverage coverage, unintended loss of life, and dismemberment coverage, or a long-term care insurance coverage coverage. Name as we speak for a free session: (877) 664-5407.