I spent a while the previous few days reviewing my objectives for 2022 and was so thrilled with the progress I made in July! Right here’s an replace on every aim:
1. Undergo 5 She Reads Fact research for the yr. (I’ve been loving going by way of these research once more this previous yr, however I spotted that it’s higher for me to undergo rather more slowly than what they designate the tempo must be. I often take 2-4 days on every day and that’s labored out effectively for me in order that I’m actually soaking the verses and studying from the passages.)
July replace: Thus far this yr, I’ve accomplished the Previous Testomony examine, the New Testomony examine, the Do Not Worry examine, the One One other examine, the Hosea examine, and I completed the Armor of God examine in July. I’m doing the Deuteronomy examine proper now.
2. End no less than 4 books a month. (Final yr, I set the audacious aim of studying three books per week. I ended up falling very in need of that. So this yr, I made a decision to set a way more real looking aim. I hope to exceed this aim by quite a bit, however we’ll see! And when you missed it, I’m setting month-to-month objectives as an alternative of yearly objectives for studying — and I’m actually enthusiastic about this method!)
July replace: I completed 9 books in January, 6 books in February, 9 books in March, and 4 books in April, and 5 books in Might, 6 books in June, and 4 books in July! You may see all my guide evaluation posts right here.
3. Full no less than 1 craft per 30 days. (I plan to make use of a few of the craft kits that I’ve gotten from Annie’s Inventive Women’ Membership and Annie’s Inventive Lady Craft Membership. Since so lots of you bought the incredible offers I posted from them, they signed me up for each subscriptions as a thanks! Whereas crafting isn’t one thing I’m actually gifted at, I discover that it’s stress-free for me and one thing that challenges inventive elements of my mind that I don’t use fairly often!)
July replace: I made stacking bracelets in January, a pillow in February, one other stacking bracelets package in March, an Easter craft in April, did a portray night time in Might with another foster mother associates, made Backpack Dangles in June, and did do-it-yourself reward sacks in July.
4. Have a month-to-month date with every of the three older youngsters. (I’m planning on having the youngsters assist me determine what they’d love to do every month. I like hanging out with my youngsters and I cherish our time collectively much more as they grow old.)
July replace: Kathrynne and I frolicked till late one night time, Kaitlynn and I went and bought our nails accomplished, and Silas and I watched a film collectively.
5. Learn 10 chapter books aloud to Kierstyn and Child D. (I’ve been studying a chapter from a read-aloud guide every afternoon earlier than their naps + the studying we’re doing as a part of Kierstyn’s preschool. Whereas they’re little and far of it’s over their heads, I like to ascertain this behavior when my youngsters are tiny in order that it turns into an essential a part of their household tradition for probably the most adolescence of their life. Plus, it’s enjoyable for me!)
July replace: Thus far this yr we’ve completed The Jesus Storybook Bible, Little Home within the Large Woods, The Creativeness Station guide #3, and we’re at present studying The Incredible Mr. Fox.
6. Have a month-to-month date with Jesse. (Whereas we hope to often get an precise date night time out, with a number of little youngsters, we need to be real looking… so we plan to no less than do one Date Evening in a Field package at residence each month — even when we are able to’t get out for an actual date each month).
July replace: Jesse and I went driving collectively and grabbed meals. We additionally watched a film collectively.
7. End my subsequent guide draft. (The primary draft is because of my writer mid-February. Then, we’ll be going by way of a number of rounds of edits earlier than it goes to the printers. It’s slated to launch in spring 2023!)
July replace: I turned in my guide draft in February, met with my editor in March about edits, and turned within the first massive spherical of edits in April! In Might, they accepted my edited manuscript and I completed my second and third spherical of edits in July.